Saturday, March 22, 2003

New Project Progress

Still not sure I'm liking the new cardigan design.

Color Moron
Some folks have an innate sense of color. They can balance colors, put together interesting combinations and pull off amazingly beautiful knitwear designs. My friend/local yarn store owner, Carol Lapin is one of those folks. I, unfortunately, am not. Carol is quite talented at choosing color combinations that work the first time around. She's working on a new design, for which you will get a sneak preview.



I, on the other hand, have started the new cardigan color block design, and I'm concerned the colors just don't work as well as I had hoped. Here's what I've done so far.



I like the design concept of different blocks with different pattern stitches. I'm just not sure if I like the color combinations. I've decided I'll wait till I'm done with the back, and then decide. While it would suck to have to rip out the entire back, it would be worth it if I could find a stunning color combination. I'll be meeting up with two folks who I trust tomorrow, I'll show them the garment and ask for their opinion.

Contest Prizes
Sarah, Antonio and Tara, your prizes were mailed out today. Antonio and Tara, you should get yours on Tuesday or Wednesday. Sarah, yours should hopefully arrive by Christmas...lol (hers went to the UK).

Booby Prize - Again
While I've decided not to punish any of the QSAT respondents with a booby prize, I did want to show that I do have an incredibly ugly pink yarn (I realized it's not really boucle, but it is VERY ugly). I could also supplement it with some lovely Lion Brand Jiffy. It amazes even me that I still have this shit in my stash.



Lanaknits
As Hilary mentioned in the comments, Lanaknits folks were away for a couple of weeks. I called them on the day of their return, and they are processing my order. I always love talking with Canadian yarn store owners...they're usually so much more pleasant to deal with than American yarn store owners.

0 comments: