Sunday, May 09, 2004

Happy Mothers' Day

I've always been a momma's boy, and it's something I'm glad for, because I have an amazing mother. Hope you have a great day if you're a mother, and if not, that your mother has a great day.

Shopping
This was a big shopping weekend. I only bought a couple of things, but one of them was big and expensive.

First of all, I browsed through the local flea market this morning and found these little treasures.



They are mostly older patterns from a time where the tighter a sweater was, the better. I liked a lot of the pictures, and I figured at $1.00 per booklet, it was well worth the $4.00 price tag.

The other purchase (the big one), I wasn't able to get a picture of, so I'll let you guess about this one until my next blog entry.

Fashion of The Christ Knitting
I've been working like a dog (when I wasn't shopping) on the new Fashion of The Christ sweater, and all I have to show for it is the ribbing at the bottom. But at least it's completed.



I like this picture, because it shows both the front and the back of the knitting. You can see how much I rely on the darker colors in the ribbing section.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Jennie asks what happened to the jogging mentioned in my 100 Things About Me list.

Lately I've been very tired and wanting more sleep than usual. Eventually, I'll get back into the routine of running at least a little. I honestly can't maintain or lose weight without some form of exercise and running is clearly the most efficient way for me to do either.

Jojo asks if I ordered some of the Joseph Schmidt's chocolates for myself.

I didn't, although I would have enjoyed them very much.

blog comments powered by Disqus
blog comments powered by Disqus