Saturday, May 29, 2004

He's Baaaack

Taking a blog break was very useful. Work was brutal this past week, and giving myself the break of not blogging made my life a lot easier.

Friends and Foes
Thank you to all the folks who wrote understanding and encouraging comments. Largely they are folks I've known personally, or prior to the blog.

To the others with nasty comments on the blog's hiatus, I'll just say I won't miss you if you stop reading.

Yarn Shopping
I got a chance to stop in at Simply Knit yesterday, and chat with Carol and CC.

Always a pleasure.

Carol is working on way-cool poncho (I'm not usually a fan of ponchos) and CC is working on a great mitered square design that reminds me a lot of Marianne Isager.

I ended up picking up some of the Araucania that I anticipate using for the charity knitting project, and I also picked up another bag of the KFI Cashmereno for a second baby blanket for my brother and sister-in-law (the couple set to receive the Rosemary's Baby blanket).



I love red, and I love this yarn, so I figure this blanket will definitely be made with lots of love (if you believe in that stuff).

I plan on slightly modifying the pattern I used for the co-worker's baby blanket in the cream Cashmereno.

Fashion of The Christ Knitting
I have been able to fit in a little knitting on the current design. I made it up to the armhole steek.



While you can't see it yet, I have cut in deeply for the armhole shaping. I want to make sure that the shoulders don't look like wings.

I figure that even if I cut in too deeply, I can always compensate with the armhole edging, by making it wider.

BTw, Carol thought the ribbing was just great.

Other Minor Knitting
I know Marilyn doesn't consider it a project, but I did some additional work on the Dancing Feet socks.



These socks will be a little too warm (even though they're quite light weight) to wear during the Summer anyway, so a little longer in finishing them won't be too bad.

0 comments: