Monday, May 31, 2004

In Memory

Memorial Day lets me remember to be grateful.

Memorial Day
For the non-U.S. readers, today is a national holiday in the U.S. called Memorial Day, which is set aside to celebrate the honor of our war dead.

There has always been a dichotomy in this country for folks like me, who don't agree with some of our wars, and yet support our troops fully in their execution of the same wars.

Like with the U.S/Viet Nam war, any anti-war sentiments were greeted with insults of being unpatriotic, or disrespect of our troops, when that is the furthest from the truth.

Sending young men and women into a battle zone because of oil, or money, or family feuds...now THAT'S unpatriotic.

Fashion of The Christ
I've made some excellent progress (at least as excellent as a Fair Isle allows).



You can see I've made it a few inches up past the armhole shaping. I thought you might want to get a view of the reverse side as well. It's surprising every time I do that to see how much brighter the inside is than the outside.

Here's a closeup of the armhole steek.



Alternate color is my favored way of knitting the steek.

Weight Loss
I just wanted to let folks know that I didn't reach my goal. I'm at 184 today, and don't anticipate losing 5 pounds by tomorrow.

Oh well...I've always been a big stress eater, and gawd knows I was stressed this past week.

Readers' Comments/Questions
Yes, I got two e-mails, one which was rather nasty. Both ignored...I honestly didn't have to the time to waste on them. I've decided I like Carol S.'s advice, and just take it as a sign of their love for me and my blog.

Jojo also asked about my visit to Simply Knit.

The yarn store isn't anything spectacular. The high-end yarns, and they pick only the colors that appeal to them as owners. Fortunately, I think they both have excellent color sense. They've also only devoted a small area for novelty/scarf yarns.

Sitting and chatting about design with the talented ladies there is by far the best part of the visit. I've learned everything I know from them.

0 comments: