Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Perfect Coat For A Consultant


When you travel a lot, and go between climate zones and need to be prepared for cool weather, cold weather, rain and still have a coat that will go over a sports jacket or a casual shirt, there is no better coat than this.



Looks and Versatility
...No...I'm not talking about myself here.

This is the Barbour® Active Bedale Jacket. It's a waxed cotton coat that is water resistant, and can be worn on cool and somewhat cold days. You can also get an extra hood and a zip-in lining that makes it perfect for rainy days or days that get quite cold. It's very light to carry around and onto airplanes and can be crumpled up in a suitcase without getting it irreparably wrinkled. It also has quite a bit of pocket space.

Plus, it looks great in basic black.

It's an expensive little item, and care for the coat can be a bit fussy...especially if you send it away to have it re-waxed, but it is completely worth it.

I can't imagine how I lived as a consultant for years without it.

Current KnittingSpinning
I have been working on a new knitting project, but it's still not overly ready to photograph...not even sure it's going to work out at all.

So I did a bit more spindling of the lace-weight yarn from Black Bunny Fibers roving.



I've started plying the two singles onto my spindle from Tilt-a-Whorl. The resulting yarn is coming out very nicely, but I have to admit, it take a long time to spin such a fine yarn on drop-spindles!

Catskill Area Knitting
For those of you in the Catskill area of New York State, there's a Wednesday night knitting group at Mountain Bear Crafts. The store is located at:

8 Pearl Street
Livingston Manor, NY 12758
845-439-8050

Say hi to my friend Van if you get to go!
Stop by and bring your current project for an enjoyable night of knitting.

blog comments powered by Disqus
blog comments powered by Disqus